Monday, November 2, 2009

watching weight and eating gluten-free

Here's a delicious and easy recipe for lettuce wraps that's both Weight Watcher friendly and gluten-free (just use wheat-free tamari instead of soy). We used napa cabbage instead of bean sprouts tonight, but we like it with sprouts as well.

I'm trying to get back into the swing of blogging, but I've been so extremely busy with work and all that other good stuff.

Tonight I did my first Meet Me at Maynards. The mission, stolen from the website,is to bring active adults and families to the downtown Tucson area to enjoy healthy exercise, experience the history, beauty and architecture of our unique neighborhoods, and to appreciate and patronize local businesses. It's a 3.4 mile run/walk that brings in people from all over the city to enjoy downtown Tucson. There's always entertainment before and after, as well as free water at stops around downtown and a little snack at the end. What a wonderful way to get out and enjoy downtown from a different perspective, and get my heart pumping as well!

If you live in Tucson, I'd highly recommend giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment